Saturday, October 1, 2011

wedding crafts part 2

I was able to borrow a camera to take some more photos of my wedding crafts. There were so many things I wanted to do but didn't have enough time to but was happy how the things turned out. 
One of the things I decided early on was making my own centerpieces and the theme of the wedding kind of formed after that. The flowers were made with tissue paper, pipe cleaners, wooden skewers and floral tape; vases were from ikea and the burlap was reused from a friends wedding.

The thumbprint guest was a hit at the wedding but my sister did suggest that I should have gotten a non-dye ink since everyone's fingers were either blue or green by the end of the night. Now I know for the next time I work on something like this.

Going with the theme of cloth flowers, I bought felt and made the groom, groomsmen and immediate family boutonnieres. From the same felt, I made large dahlia flowers for my hair as well as for my bridesmaids.

The last things on my list was to find some wedding dolls to attach to the car. Looking on the web, I didn't really find anything that wowed me. Charles and I both have domo dolls each of our cars, so I thought it would be cute idea to dress them up in wedding gear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment